Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hymn 216

One of the things I miss about being in a mixed-language meeting is the simple joy of singing aloud with my brothers and sisters in Christ.  When we went to Sunday meeting in Mexico, you could always  sound out the words in the Spanish hymn book and sing along.  But Greek has it's own script, and although we can decipher the letters, by the time we get the sounds figured out, everyone else has moved on to the next verse.

I woke up one morning with the words of hymn 216 in my heart. "May thy perfect love, O Lord, burn strong within my heart, that I may in thy truth abide, and from all sin depart."  Denita and I decided to learn this hymn in Greek.  We started on this project last week, and have pretty well "mastered" the first verse and chorus.  So when Doyle asked in Greek this morning what I hoped was a hymn choice, I piped up with #216 in the English book.  It felt very good to be able to join in with everyone else and sing with gusto.

I hope the folks here like #216 as much as I do, as I think we'll be singing it a lot.  Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment